Friday, March 18, 2011

Importing Goods and Cars

When moving to Los Angeles, there are a lot of things to consider.

Do you sell all your worldly possessions, have them shipped with a long distance moving company or rent a truck and drive everything yourself???

There are several long distance movers that specialize in cross-border shipments. A Google search will turn up quite a few, it’s best to call around and get some quotes. They will need to know some basic information in order to give you an accurate quote.

From where to where and the weight of all your items.

Here are a couple of major movers to get you started:

Here is a link to the US Customs and Border Protection website with more info on forms and duty requirements when crossing the border:

If you decide to import a car into the United States, there is even more paperwork that needs to be completed. Here are some handy websites with information on how to import your car to the US:

This website has information on requirements for importing into the state of California - everything from registering, the contact #'s you need, smog tests, insurance etc.

No comments:

Post a Comment