Friday, July 8, 2011

Cross Border Tax Tips for the Canadian Expat

As a Canadian living or investing in the US, you probably have many tax questions relating to your cross-border tax obligations.

Here's your chance to get your tax questions answered.

Marc Gedeon is a CPA and lawyer living in Southern California who can help you with all your cross-border tax matters. Originally from Canada, Mr. Gedeon provides both US and Canadian tax services to clients who have tax obligations on both sides of the border. Mr. Gedeon regularly provides tax planning and compliance to Canadians living, working or investing in the United States, including the prearation of tax returns in both countries.

Mr. Gedeon is available to provide information or advice concerning questions such as:
1.       Do you need to file a US and/or Canadian tax return?
2.       Do you have tax obligations if you are a non-resident or a part year resident?
3.       What are my US tax obligations for investments, savings or real estate held in Canada?
4.       You want to buy US real estate. Do you know the best way to structure your investment and what your cross border tax consequences are? 
5.       Do you know how to report your RRSP’s in the US?
6.       Married to a US Citizen or Resident? What tax elections can lower your taxes?
Contact him here:
Marc J. Gedeon, Esq., CPA
A Professional Law & Accountancy Corporation
5155 W. Rosecrans Ave., Suite 217
Hawthorne, CA 90250
O (424) 254 - 9529
F (310) 602 - 6409
If you have a quick question, please post your comment below for Marc.
Otherwise contact him directly for more info.


  1. Great Article! I just launched my own expatriate tax return service at

  2. Wow, cool post. I'd like to write like this too - taking time and real hard work to make a great article... but I put things off too much and never seem to get started. Thanks though. Cost of living in Vancouver